Don't do THIS with your Helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was cutting in the pile this afternoon with the 372. For some reason I coughed and for a completely unknown reason, I SPIT. Instantly, I realized I could no longer see because the inside of my face screen looked like your house screens after a rainstorm. So off to the hose I went shaking my head and thinking what a dopey move that was.:dizzy:

I have been a lurker here for months. Thanks to all of you for your advice. I am retired Army and have experienced many times like Rookie described. I laughed till my gut hurt. Try staying awake for 72 hours. Glad to be here in Iowa

Too late have done it several times. My sheild in the ol stihl helmet is rusted from it.

spit-happens.jpg

Welcome

I have been a lurker here for months. Thanks to all of you for your advice. I am retired Army and have experienced many times like Rookie described. I laughed till my gut hurt. Try staying awake for 72 hours. Glad to be here in Iowa

Welcome to AS, there's something WOODEN here for everyone!:popcorn:

I was cutting in the pile this afternoon with the 372. For some reason I coughed and for a completely unknown reason, I SPIT. Instantly, I realized I could no longer see because the inside of my face screen looked like your house screens after a rainstorm. So off to the hose I went shaking my head and thinking what a dopey move that was.:dizzy:

That's a spontaneous upper respiratory backfire. It happen's sometimes to the best of us! ....LOL:popcorn:

Glad to know it isn't just me. I keep a dip in most of the time while I'm cutting so I spit a lot. I'm learning to spit under the face shield but not down the front of my shirt. Just another skill to list on my resume.

I have the habit of chewing sunflower seed while I work outside..
I learned that you can't spit out seed shells with you visor down!:(

Back