Earth burp coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
sources say a magnitude 7.5 perhaps a 8.0 quake will hit central Alaska within .30 minutes.

Hang on to your shorts. That's a biggie.

Should add this:

63.72N 147.70W

That's pretty specific. Call everyone now 'cause it's a slipper (quick and short).

I heard a news report a few minutes ago that it happened and was felt in several states in the lower 48.

Opps. Something's amiss. I posted at 2:00 Central, which would've been noon Pacific, eleven Alaska.

What's wrong were the coordinates. Off by eighteen miles from the epicenter. Would you believe me if i told you I got a repremand for posting then a serious scolding for being "offcenter?"

ummm, Oakwilt- you posted the first post in this thread at 6PM Eastern, which is 5PM Central.

Here is a quote from the local newspaper story:

The quake, centered on the Denali Fault 90 miles south of Fairbanks, struck Sunday at 1:13 p.m. Alaska Standard Time (5:13 p.m. EST) -- its effects strongly felt in Anchorage about 270 miles to the south. It lasted at least 30 seconds.

Last edited:
sources...

sounds very mysterious and covert, sure it wasn't Chicken Little?:p

sounds like reed tried to go back to the future.

We noticed the effects here today as the pump prices went up a nickel after falling for a couple of weeks.

reed, keep in mind what you're dealing with, and then who....when you look around to see who's t/here, make sure you make a complete circle....not to stop you by any means, but when you read the responses you're bound to get, keep that in mind....

sorry if i'm telling you what you already know....but.....

m

and thanks. message needed received where needed.

more coming.

Been there

The DNR report, site #3, Richardson Highway, man I drove that a year age, I was there! If I have the location right, we saw 2 moose close to that spot. Cool pix.

Latest posts

Back