Echo CS-590, what won’t I like about it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Echo 620P.. I only had it 2 yrs. However, it is a heavy saw, but It has a lot of power for a 60. Much more than my Stihl 034, but my 034 is 32 yrs. old. I am sure the bar is not real high quality. My Stihl bars last al long time and dont think Echo bars will last that long and likely are made in China . I bought a 620P and a 501P. I like the 501 more. It is a lot lighter ,much less clumsy . The filter is not good on the 501P.. When it had a few tanks through it , I saw saw dust in the carb. I had to " O ring " modify it and that helped.... Sure, it's just an O ring but you would think they would know better. The 620 has a better filter. If I had to do it again, I would not have bough either one. The reason ,I never use my Stihl 441 anymore, I got my 034 fixed for $131 last year and my 026 ran like crap for years , was told it was a crank case leak , but an old time dealer fixed it for $120. I do like both saws though and would recommend looking into a 501P or maybe an Echo 4920.

The 590 bars are laminated roller nose, the 620 are solid roller nose. My understanding is the bars and chains for the "homeowner" saws are sourced from Oregon which means they are made in China or Brazil. Forum posts here and elsewhere claim the better bars are sourced from Tsumura or Sugi Hara, made in Japan.

I like a smaller 40cc for the truck, yea I know its not 60cc but its small, light and sips fuel. I usually keep either a fresh built 034/036 or the husky 435..its usually the 435 because it sips fuel and is smaller/lighter and with a lil bit of simple modding the 435 pulls a aggressive 16' chain well and their pretty cheap new. If all else fails I know a guy selling a 361 for a cheap G

The 590 bars are laminated roller nose, the 620 are solid roller nose. My understanding is the bars and chains for the "homeowner" saws are sourced from Oregon which means they are made in China or Brazil. Forum posts here and elsewhere claim the better bars are sourced from Tsumura or Sugi Hara, made in Japan.
Echo branded bars in the US are Oregon, of different grades depending on the saw. The higher grade saws come with Power Match grade bars. They are decent bars but not as hard as the Tsumura.

Latest posts

Back