Expensive electronic sign post.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crofter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is what I have been building for the last few days. Our municipality on the trans canada highway got some government money to put up a Hundred Grand electronic sign. About 5 feet by 11 feet and twenty tall. This part is worh $6000.

real nice looking welds! With the way steel prices have been that should be a small fortune there! :blob2:

It takes a bit more effort to make it look decent. I used to be able to weld, chew gum and bull???? all together. I can still do them all, one at a time! Lol!

The columns are two 6 X 10 inch tubing 20 feet tall 6 foot centres. The sign is double sided about 5 x 11 feet and sandwiches the support structure. Base plates 1" thick 12" x 18". Engineered for a fair wind load I guess. Canadian Welding Bureau standards required. 7018 low hydrogen rod. These come out of a n approved rod oven, not the top of my wood stove!

Last edited:
Here is the sign dressed up. Display is not powered yet. Will be programmable from municipal office by radio. If you are travelling Trans Canada you will see this on the south side of the highway as you pass through Blind River, once the home of the largest white pine mill east of the Rockies. The pines are our municipal emblem.

Back