Extending Ignition coil wire - quick tip and help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other sneaky thing to look at is the impulse tube from cylinder to the carb partition. It likes to rub against the intake tube and rub a hole in it, causing a lean condition along with poor vacuum to run the fuel pump circuit in the carb.... more lean condition!

Attachments

• 136 impulse 2.jpg
    136 impulse 2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
One other sneaky thing to look at is the impulse tube from cylinder to the carb partition. It likes to rub against the intake tube and rub a hole in it, causing a lean condition along with poor vacuum to run the fuel pump circuit in the carb.... more lean condition!
Thanks, yeah that little thing I have replaced many times, on various other models. I actually always just do it, because of the reasons you mention!

But, just to make sure, does the 2165 now have the Part nr. 503 40 06-06 - Impulse hose?

Think it has the impulse hose going out from the cylinder, I pressure tested the saw from it a few days ago.

Where are they on a 2165?

Hi i myself would not extend the wire to many chances for failure.It will unscrew from the coil. Husqvarna and jonsered used that coil on probable 20 saws.Husqvarna 340,345,350,351,353,357,359,365,372,385,390 and possibly others.Jonsered used it on a bunch of saws as well. So you can unscrew it and replace it or buy a good used coil.I wouldn't recommend aftermarket, yes they are cheap but you get what you pay for.HL supply sells coil wire and probibly others as well.Fix it right once or not halfass it a bunch and keep throwing time money and effort at it your choice.
Nothing wrong with a good splice. Done right it will be as good as new. NOT a halfass fix.

It's not, but the impulse hose is seated like my picture above.

Yeah I know where they are and what they are on a 2165- his photo shows the horrid little "rubber" bits for a Husqvarna 36 and the like- trashy wee consumer type clamshell saws- not pro grade Jonsereds.

Yeah I know where they are and what they are on a 2165- his photo shows the horrid little "rubber" bits for a Husqvarna 36 and the like- trashy wee consumer type clamshell saws- not pro grade Jonsereds.
Yeah thought you would know. Threw me off a little.
Replied anyhow. :cheers:.

Back