Eye gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yup they used to anyways , I can't remember where I used to see them, in a catalog somewhere. Might have gone the way of the aluminum hardhat?

Lineman

Lineman

ArboristSite Lurker
Mesh eyewear is still around from a few different places. The ones already mentioned plus some goggles from MSA and a company called Skyline Northwest. Not sure if the last ones meet the ANSI standard, but the MSA goggles do so they count as primary eye protection and they're not too uncomfortable.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
I usually wear a pair of sun glasses. not very dark, but they wrap all the way around the side of my eyes. Usually wear my ole aluminum hat too.

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Anti fog Spray?

Hi John Paul, do you have a name for this product, or anywhere online to purchase? Can`t seem to find anythging like that around here. Thanks for any follow up.

I`ve used the BUGZ, got `em from Bailey`s. They work pretty well but I really didn`t see them working any better than the shield on a helmet. Every once in a while something gets through, but then again, short of a full face respirator like Stihltech mentioned, no eye protection is 100%. A few other things I noted about the BUGZ is that the stainless mesh does rust from perspiration, the foam around the eyepieces started breaking down after a few weeks, as in chunks were coming off, and the elastic starts to lose it`s elasticity. All in all the concept is good, but they should be made of much better materials for the price of about $19 a pair. I`ll have to check out the Bug Eyzz from Sherril`s. Here`s a pic of the rusted screen in the BUGZ. Russ

Jumper

Jumper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oil Patch, Edmonton, Alberta for now.....
Plain old dish detergent

A lot of sporting goods stores up here stock anti fog spray for hockey(and football) visors. If the truth be known, try rubbing a little dish detergent eg Palmolive or other on your visors/glasses and see if that cures the fogging problem, it does on my Itech visor I use when I play defence.

Latest posts