Firday the 13th......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
saw me spending some quality time with my Fiskars, resurrecting my little Echo 345 to cut up skids and hand logs and using a borrowed 361 to cut landscape timbers and ties. All in the process of some yard cleanup and projects that the break in the weather has allowed me to do. I'm glad to have the Echo running again, it's a nice lightweight "odd job" saw, and the 361 is a smooth runner far beyond menial tasks such as cutting ties.

I might catch the movie later tonight at the late late show.

What did everybody else do today?

Drive by a house in small village of Hersey daily and have looked at two huge ash limbs in this person's yard for the last month. Finally stopped wed and asked if they wanted them cleaned up. Turned out the owner is a woman in her late 70's that keeps two wood burners going all winter. Ended up spending 30 minutes chatting w/ her. Selling her two loads of wood (everyone near by is out). Stopped after work today and cut the two large ash limbs up for her. Felt good to help an elderly person out. She said she couldn't let me do it for nothing. So I talked her into a batch of choc. chop cookies for the work.

Drive by a house in small village of Hersey daily and have looked at two huge ash limbs in this person's yard for the last month. Finally stopped wed and asked if they wanted them cleaned up. Turned out the owner is a woman in her late 70's that keeps two wood burners going all winter. Ended up spending 30 minutes chatting w/ her. Selling her two loads of wood (everyone near by is out). Stopped after work today and cut the two large ash limbs up for her. Felt good to help an elderly person out. She said she couldn't let me do it for nothing. So I talked her into a batch of choc. chop cookies for the work.

Sounds like it worked out good, you helped out an elderly woman and got cookies for doing something fun. :cheers:

Not bad. Always good to help the elderly.

I miss Hersey, it's a neat town, especially seeing the people line up to use the pay phone at the gas station because they don't have a phone of their own.

Do you know where the two trailers bolted side-by-side are?

Very satisfying and was first I've gotten to run any saws in a couple months. Guess I was feeling nostalgic b/c i ran the partner 70 and 500 to cut them up.

Had the day off today from the real job.
Decided to cut fire wood and help out a friend get some wood for next year.
Started cutting and hauling wood at 8 am, took an hour lunch, went back and cut another load and quit at 5 pm. Since this is a chainsaw forum, I must mention that I had a blast running my Jonsered 2159 and Stihl 066. All total, five mixed loads of locust, cherry, ash and sycamore. The dump site was only 2 miles away from the cutting site, so every load we had my S-10's bumper dragging the ground. The last load I took home with me was a little lighter because I had a 25 mile drive, but it was all cherry.:givebeer:.....454
Chainsaw001-2.jpg

Last edited:
I ran my lathe and BP all day down in my 41F shop... modifying my lathe to run a different tool post. Of course, I had to make it all out of 304 stainless... :bang: Blew a 4 flute 1/2 inch endmill to pieces.. carelessness - forgot I took out the drawbar and the collet fell out. Hmmm... maybe it was because of the 13th :monkey:

Last edited:
worked to day. recovering from back troubles so it was an easy day of building a picnic table, hanging shutters, and staining fences and deck.

after i got home i continued porting my craftsman/husqy/poulan 36cc. 'before' time in 16" red oak was 36 seconds.:dizzy: can't wait to try that monster out again!

Skidded out a bunch more down stuff to be blocked and split tomorrow, started on a new skid trail thru the woods, man I hate brushing, but I hate getting slapped in the face more!

I decided I'm done fighting snow, ice, and gravity. I'm putting in trails on all my hilltops so I can drag from the top down instead of trying to back a 2wd tractor up a snow covered hill to get to the down wood, all connecting to the main trail in the hollow.

Tomorrow I need to go see a welder buddy, got a crack in the splitter that needs welding. Never thought I'd see the day I broke this thing, but **it happens I guess. (this wasn't a Fri 13th - it happened last week)
attachment.php

Dropped a 20" Cedar widow maker leaning into another large tree at about a 30* angle. The root ball was pulled out of the ground. I cut the trunk then pulled the tree out with my truck.

Put the ported 064 topend and a new Meteor piston back on my 064.

Helped lay tile in the bathroom of our churchs new family life center.

i mowed, checked sprinkler systems, and spent the afternoon trimming trees. actually, fixing the screwups that the electric guys do. bunch of hacks.

at least i'm getting lots of overtime :clap:

Worked, got an 028S cylinder and muffler gasket, and replaced a scored rotor on the Subaru. Seems only one piston of a dual piston caliper is working.....:censored:

Looked at a MS 660 with a 36" bar and 3/4 wrap bar and big dawgs. :)1099.00 new.

Last edited:
Back