firetruck to flatbed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbrumfield

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Had this firetruck growing cobwebs in the barn, figured I would put it to work. It is a 72 ford F700 with 6100 original miles.

I only had to take off the tank and fab up the bed with hoist. The pto was already there, just replaced the waterpump with a hyd unit. Used propane tank for resevoir and one for an air tank. the air was initially used to operate valves for water spray. I used a airconditioning pump off a 73 celica. They are a two piston with a crankcase. Works great.

Tried to post a pic, but to many bytes

I did post in tractorbynet.com under do it yourself with pics

I looked at it, very cool, mint old truck. Nice job making it usefull to you. So, did you change the rear end or not? Must have a bull low gear on the trans anyways.

Had this firetruck growing cobwebs in the barn, figured I would put it to work. It is a 72 ford F700 with 6100 original miles.

I only had to take off the tank and fab up the bed with hoist. The pto was already there, just replaced the waterpump with a hyd unit. Used propane tank for resevoir and one for an air tank. the air was initially used to operate valves for water spray. I used a airconditioning pump off a 73 celica. They are a two piston with a crankcase. Works great.

This was posted on Craigslist a couple days ago.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/atq/1658148818.html

6,139 original miles.
attachment.php

attachment.php

They were BIG. resized
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice.
I really like those bump side Fords.
There is a web site dedicated to them if you should ever need parts or info. Just google fordification.com

Dad bought a brand new 78 Ford F600, loved that truck. Only problem was he got the little 330 V8 thinking he'd save gas. That engine was a dog. With a load of logs on it, it was SLOW. But, I guess it really didn't matter, cause empty it was still SLOW, Joe.

Back