Firewood frustration...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally set my price and hold it all year. MANY guys in my area sell it for 25 bucks a face cord cheaper then I do. Many people call and ask me to sell my product at what the other guys are. I telll them no, if they want to pay the other guys price call them. I am not a tree company, I get most of my wood for free, but I still have to cut it, buck it split it etc. Theres labor, my time is worth something, not exactly easy work. I dont get paid to cut the tree down, if you get paid to get the wood, that already puts you at an advantage. People even ask well the wood is free why does it cost so much. You have labor, chainsaws, fuel etc etc It all costs money.

I personally set my price and hold it all year. MANY guys in my area sell it for 25 bucks a face cord cheaper then I do. Many people call and ask me to sell my product at what the other guys are. I telll them no, if they want to pay the other guys price call them. I am not a tree company, I get most of my wood for free, but I still have to cut it, buck it split it etc. Theres labor, my time is worth something, not exactly easy work. I dont get paid to cut the tree down, if you get paid to get the wood, that already puts you at an advantage. People even ask well the wood is free why does it cost so much. You have labor, chainsaws, fuel etc etc It all costs money.

I agree.
Some people must think your doing this work, out of the kindness of our hearts.

Perhaps plopping down 500-1000 dollars on a chainsaw, would give them an attitude adjustment.

I may like cutting wood, but I am not doing it for someone else for free. Matter of fact, my cousin wanted me to cut him up some (he HAS a chainsaw), and drop it over at his house . He wanted it for his chimnea. I saved my but end cuts, and anything else that was too short. I have about 3 big trash cans full. If he wants anything else, he can cut it, or PAY me to cut it.

Some people JUST don't get it. :censored:

yep i hear ya cutting firewood for some of us is a primary income. or at the least a big part of our income, it is for me atleast.

Latest posts

Back