First month's electric bill....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those the $80 flashlights I see in the LEO supply catalogs? The LED replacement "bulb" I got at Lowes was $10 I think.
I think they are 60.00 and the company bought ours so I don't know about Leo's. I doubt Lowes would carry this kind of quality but I've been wrong before. I can tell you a flashlight with a bulb is a dinosaur for sure. This light is about the size of my thumb and puts outs out about 20xs more light than a 3cell mag light without any shadows. Even our area work lights are now LED. Ian I don't know what you've been around but I know there are many junk low power LED's at the checkout counter, and then again there are some real quality ones not so easy to find. Just google Phenix.

I googled them after posting that and found them in the mid-40s + shipping online. I even found some videos on youtube showing the differences. Looks like a nice flashlight. I wish they made a replacement bulb to fit a maglight but they don't show one on their site.

Ian

Last edited:
there is another CFL out there it is a CCFL currently they have a 5 and 8 watt and a brighter one on the way.. I can tell you that the 8 watt is equivalent to roughly to a 60 watt. a 5 watt close to a 40 watt and they are dimmable... I can get the 8 watt at about $7 a bulb we mainly use them in the chicken houses.

I googled them after posting that and found them in the mid-40s + shipping online. I even found some videos on youtube showing the differences. Looks like a nice flashlight. I wish they made a replacement bulb to fit a maglight but they don't show one on their site.
We have what we refer to as the flashlight of the month club at work. As you could imagine a flashlight is a big part of my job and a bright one only makes the sky's safer. And we always compare brightnss in a dark room. I haven't used a regular flashlight for over 5yrs now or since LEDs came out. Mainly for the evenness of them. And then they just kept getting brighter. Now its a no brainer plus the fact that they use a fraction of the power hence the small size. Guys used to walk around with a maglight hangin to there knees, now they they have a little belt clip and you hardley notice its on you. Bulbs are dinosaurs!

savings

hate to sound like a broken record but since i put in my wood stove (its an old apache stove) in the 2005/2006 winter season i've averaged over $2,500 a year in savings. i used it the most for the 2008/2009 season - i bought propane in the beginning of february for the first time since early spring last year (2008). and i only needed 150 gallons - thats the minimum delivery i can get. no more running the furnace all day - no more giant fuel bills. just some hard work with some fun toys!

Talked to my propane company today. No rental fee on the big 500 gallon tanks like I have. If it were a 250 or smaller, they'd want 2 fills a year.

Ian

Latest posts

Back