Freshly rebuilt 750 Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, sort of rebuilt. I cleaned the piston, fitted a set of Mac 101 thin rings, new intake boot, fuel and impulse lines. Saw now has nearly 180 psi cold, can't wait to see what it's like after break-in. So far I've only run it a few minutes, but it feels much stronger than before. For those that have never worked on one of these saws, it helps to use plently of grease when assembling the rod big end. So, for me that makes 1 750, 1 650, 1 Super 650.

Chris B.

750_1.jpg

750_2.jpg

My dad had an old Homey 450... I really liked that saw. I think my bro got it, and let it sit outside for a few years. :(

I don't think so JJ. There was a decent amount of overlap with the ring ends. Had to file/grind them down quite a bit to make them fit. Isn't the Mac 101 2.25", and the Homelite 2.125". I suppose you could bore the cylinder and replate but now that's getting way out of my league.

Chris B.

I don't think so JJ. There was a decent amount of overlap with the ring ends. Had to file/grind them down quite a bit to make them fit. Isn't the Mac 101 2.25", and the Homelite 2.125". I suppose you could bore the cylinder and replate but now that's getting way out of my league.

Chris B.

I san see filing the rings a bit but I think if a guy wanted to fit a Mac piston in it they would want to look at pin height and dia.

Bill

They're not bad to start. The 650s and 750s all have compression releases.
Unlike my 084 Stihl I don't have to check it everytime I crank to see if it popped off.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back