FS250 as a lawn mower...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
FS250 as a lawn mower...

took the guard off of FS250 today and tackled an overgrown yard.
mowed everything right down... with padded suspenders... FS250 felt balanced making 5ft + diameter sweeps.

amazing how much ground one can cover when cutting path is 5ft+ wide.

normally with never take guard off of a weedeater... but FS250 is one honking weedeater!

accidentally let out too much string, cutting circle got to be 2.5 ft wide. FS250 didn't even slow down... this was in heavy 2 ft tall grass.

soooo... anyone else use FS250 as a lawn mower?

Nahhh .............I got a bunch of mowers.
Besides that string smarts when it get's loose:jawdrop:

ZTH

Except in the rough you can't beat the fixed head with heavy square string.

I cut 200 gardens a month all with a 250 or 2.
You think theres decent power in it you should try a muffler modded one!!!!!
Most of what i do is walking backwards and mulching so no raking and a tidy job

I drive a tractor during the day 8-4 then out with the strimmer

FS250 as a lawn mower...

took the guard off of FS250 today and tackled an overgrown yard.
mowed everything right down... with padded suspenders... FS250 felt balanced making 5ft + diameter sweeps.

amazing how much ground one can cover when cutting path is 5ft+ wide.

normally with never take guard off of a weedeater... but FS250 is one honking weedeater!

accidentally let out too much string, cutting circle got to be 2.5 ft wide. FS250 didn't even slow down... this was in heavy 2 ft tall grass.

soooo... anyone else use FS250 as a lawn mower?

I use my 130 to cut acres of brush and grass that is inaccessible to larger machinery. I also use it for making trails and trimming.

I have trimming jobs that can take all day, and the 130 just smokes through grass up to 5 ft tall.

spent about 6 hours tackling an overgrown garden myself today... roughtly an acre and a half, followed by half a mile of driveway verges....

the fs400 did its duty, but i did spend most of the day with bits of accidentally trimmed frog in my beard...doh

I have never thought of that til now

Now ya gotta wind the spool with 1/8" steel cable.

I have an FS200 it is a good machine but the starter recoil assembly has always been a pain in the buttocks since new. I ran it today with the stihl three p;astic swingy things cutting in the vineyard.. That way I always know how long my cutting radius is.. Well until all three plastic blade thingys are gone that is..

I bought one of those "Grass Terminators" and put it on a cheap Ryobi trimmer, what a worthless POS. Within 3 minutes all the blades were broken, so much for that "tough nylon" I then found an aftermarket hub that accepted the big .155 diameter line that DR trimmers use cut to length and threaded through, this was a huge improvement, I could carry 4-5 of them in my pocket and trim for hours, worked great til some jackhole borrowed it and straight gassed it, I never bothered to fix it, not worth it. If someone had one of those hubs on an FS250 it would be unstoppable!

Back