Garage Heater Source

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your probably right,a new radiator can cost just as much as a HX.I would not want to buy a used one.

The first time I set up a boiler system all I was controlling furnace squirrel cage. I was using a hot water tank as the heater, grundfos pump and diesel truck radiator. I knew that a standard t-stat would not handle the wattage (voltage times amperage) of the blower system.

Standard household t-stats only run at 24 volts. Blower motors in general are 110 volts. You can run a baseboard heater t-stat. These units in general, baseboard t-stats, can either be set up as either 110 volt or 220 volt.

The only draw back to running the t-stats is that you have to run 14-2 wire or greater to control the blower unit. 24 volt t-stats usually only run 20-4 wire. The baseboard t-stats are more money, but you are not constantly having to replace them.

HTH
Glenn

I would hope nobody would try to use a low voltage t-stat for this, it would be a fire hazard. I didn't have any luck with the baseboard type t-stat, they stuck on or off occasionally. I ended up using a Ranco digital controller from TSC for about $95. It is meant for ag ventilation and has 2 stage heat or cool. A bit overkill but it works well and all I could find at the time. The baseboard t-stats are about $30 and I had already gone through 2 of them.

Back