gas mix oil? stihl or regular oil 660, 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont buy cheep stuff, it just waist my time and money. I just wont let anyone barrow it, ill let them use my homelite 150 that i use to cut roots!!
Im amaised that a homlite saw is that good, its 100% metal and i dont give to ####s about it but its the only saw i cut roots and stumps with.
Matt

Same Idea... Lend a saw you don't care about, NOT your good one(s)...

#1 Rule of owning a chainsaw... If you have someone who wants to borrow a saw all the time, go out and buy yourself a Wild Thang... It's cheaper to buy the POS saw now than to fix your $1000+ saw later.

Just my 2 cents.

I tried that, but no one wants to borrow a Wild Thing. They want an ORANGE saw. They know I have them. So I used to let them use the beater 210. Now that the ex has it, I let them use the beater 250. They are about as cheap used as a new Wild Thang (about $150).

It does not stop there though. I get requests to borrow my Bandit chipper. "So, you want to borrow my $10,000 chipper that can slice and dice you and your family up into hamberger meat in a matter of seconds?" Answer: NO!

Well, you were not here on AS to read my no longer available, "Ebay 210 Saw From Hell," thread. That thing was beyond a beater. It even has a flywheel fin glued on with super glue! But its still a Stihl, see... so therefore more valuable than a WildThing. I called it the Wood Massager.

Yes\s i will read the manual im going to pick the saw up tumarrow. Ill run stihl oil in it and not let anyone else use it because every time i lend someone somthing it comes back broken. I dont understand how peopel dont treat other peoples things well. !! Thanks for the help
Matt

Congrats on the new saw decision.

Yep, run Stihl Oil.

I do have an echo that is my "loaner" saw. It's the only one that could get ruined and I wouldn't cry for weeks over. Mind you, I still cry, just not for more than a few days.:greenchainsaw:

Finally, you've been a good sport through this thread, hat's off to you!

If I have to loan out any piece of OPE I own, I send it with a full gas can.

That's only HALF the battle

You'd have to loan out half a BRAIN to some of the people I've read stories about here.. :)

I use the blue bottle stihl bar oil when it gets cold the stuff is much thinner than the summer .We were cutting big red oak for months and i could tell a huge
difference when we switched .when it got cold.Ps if you need someone
to test your new 660 i will do it for you for free LOL :cheers:

...and not let anyone else use it because every time i lend someone somthing it comes back broken. I dont understand how peopel dont treat other peoples things well.
NOW you're talking or language!!

I send it with an empty one and expect it to be full when i get it back!
Its the least they could do. I had someone "sharpen the chain" before they returned it? Wow i had to grind 1/2 of it off to correct the pitch so it would cut straight. Dam people!
Thanks again Matt

YEA, you bet, come out and bring the beer, and BBQ, some chips too, maybe some HB buns for the BBQ.

I will even mix the gas:greenchainsaw:

Well, is it.... WARM there? I would dearly love to leave these PNW ice and snow storms behind and venture south for the rest of the winter.

I will bring the contracts for the GaryWay product launch and lots of beer. Do not fear Windthrown ever visiting without beer. Never happens. Well, as long as my two brothers are not around, we may not run out of the stuff. :greenchainsaw:

Back