Goat barn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lutty440

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey, a couple nearby wants to build a barn for their goats. Aprox 12×20, mostly 2×6 and 2×8. They have 50 acres of woodland and want to use their own wood. What would you charge someone for lumber from their own land? I will be milling it for them.

After I told you they would just go to big orange depot and buy the wood. Before I retired I was making $34 an hour as a UPS driver, I certainly wouldn't do it for less. I mow a few lawns now for exercise and some spending change. My 52 inch walk behind costs $6500 new. My minimum charge for mowing is $50 an hour. To be honest, I think it would be quicker to mill 6X8 beams and build a log cabin style barn. To answer your question, find an hourly rate you are happy with, and present that to them. No matter, your price will be way more than they could buy the lumber for, Joe.

They are willing to part with some nice trees as well as some cash. I will keep yas updated.

Latest posts

Back