Got-er-done ..... Whew!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashhole

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Took two days off in conjunction with the long weekend to finish the woodpile. Larry the Cable Guy would be proud ...finally got-er-done. Over 8 cords cut, split, stacked and a lot of sweat in these warmer temps. Mostly hickory but a mix of other stuff too, all been cut for at least two years. Some of the big rounds were twisted up pretty good but the splitter did what it was supposed to do. Should last two full burn seasons but I will be cutting all summer and fall to replenish the pile. That's my wood buddy Nilla. She's kinda short. Saws are a Stihl 460 and a Husky 55 Rancher. I bought the splitter at Tractor Supply a few years ago. Great investment. The Kubota is 29 horse power and the hydraulic system handles the splitter nicely. This is a pretty time of year here in the Southern Tier of Upstate New York.

WoodPileDimensions.jpg

That be one nice pile of wood. Looks like you was busy. Nice set up... Never thought the tractor would do the job like it did.

What do you mean by your pup is "Kind'a Short" :msp_confused: Should call that one "Stubby" :msp_ohmy:

My ex boss has a dog that yours. Very smart dogs... Once they get on a scent, they can track most anything.

Nice little rig there. Great Stack too. Yeah; I'd say you worked up a little sweat. Good thing you had Nilla for moral support. Down here in SE Oklahoma, I'd be pushing it if I put up 3 cord a year.

Believe it or not, Nilla does 4-H Agility. She, under the handling of my 13 year old daughter, actually won the Blue Ribbon at the 2011 Tioga County Fair (her first year doing agility). Here's the 40 second YouTube link. Tioga County 4-H Agility Champion (Nilla the cardigan corgi) - YouTube She doesn't run fast with those stubby legs but she did everything perfect. The table in the middle of the course is where all the other dogs blew it. As the handler you need to exhibit control at all times. The dogs really get into it and most are too excited running the obstacles and won't stay still for the required 4 or 5 seconds.

Looks like that will last awhile. With some of the pieces interlocked it doesn't look like it will be coming down on it's own either. The first season with my OWB I stacked it in a cube, but have since started doing rows 2 stacks wide. I'm not sure it's any better and it takes up a lot more room that way. Now you only have to maintain the amount you burn each season - bet that feels great!:cheers:

Latest posts

Back