got to talk about my new score.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodcutter69

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
about a month ago I asked a guy I work with if he had any wood for me, He said I got plenty come and take it. I have been down there 4 times about 12 miles from home, every time I showed up about 15 mins after I get there, He is helping me split and load my truck, and he says come any time you want. Well I called him today and asked what his opinion his of getting into his field to get another load, he says as long as the the ground is frozen you should be able to get in there just fine, then he says leave your chainsaw at home, I got it all chunked up for you. just split and load. I need to figure out how to pay this guy as he will take no money. here is a few pics of the load I got last sat.

How about a bottle of Crown Royal if he partakes. If not, maybe a case of his favorite beverage? Not expensive, and the gesture is usually much appreciated.

about a month ago I asked a guy I work with if he had any wood for me, He said I got plenty come and take it. I have been down there 4 times about 12 miles from home, every time I showed up about 15 mins after I get there, He is helping me split and load my truck, and he says come any time you want. Well I called him today and asked what his opinion his of getting into his field to get another load, he says as long as the the ground is frozen you should be able to get in there just fine, then he says leave your chainsaw at home, I got it all chunked up for you. just split and load. I need to figure out how to pay this guy as he will take no money. here is a few pics of the load I got last sat.

My neighboring farmer gives me free-range on windfall, leaners and downed trees. I've stacked about 1/2 cord of wood on 3 corners of his property for him to take and use as he needs. It seemed like the best payment to him for allowing me to cut on his property.I think he just likes how nice and neat it looks stacked...he got a kick out of me doing that. I did notice that one pile is missing, so he must be burning some of it :)

Last edited:
Yes, you need to find something he likes either a cold beverage or a gift card to a nice restaurant. That is really nice of him and seems to be helping you out too.

Gift card to the local Fleet store

Gift card to the local Fleet store.

My thought about paying his bill is a bit too personal.....just my feelings.

My neighbor is also letting me cut off of his land. I've offered to help him with other things around there....he just says....Oh...I'll get to it. I guess I'll have to help him and the ask "permission" later.

Edit....Or give him a Debit card.....he can use it anywhere. It also sounds like he likes having something to do.

Last edited:
I agree with a nice bottle of something if he drinks. When I was younger I turkey hunted on a guys land that didn't hunt. Long story short, I shot two turkeys with one shot by accident. I took the extra turkey and had it smoked and delivered it to him. He acted like I was the one doing him the big favor and said he couldn't thank me enough. A little bit goes along way when they don't want anything in return. If you deer hunt maybe you could take him some sausage or cut up deer loin.

Or ask if you can help him do any chores that might need doing that he might need a hand on. Surley he has some fences that need repairing or something.

Latest posts

Back