Grossly underbidding a job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. (2) makes you look like an assclown.

No. (3) nobody wants to hear.
I used to work for the other guy myself. Been a long, long time ago but I did. We used to have this ass rag estimator named Cecil Potts that would underbid for some ungodly reason and then start the cheerleader deal to bail his dumb ass out. Screw all that crap.

(2) Walking on a job makes you look bad...this proposal makes you look like a whiner ;)

(3) Depends on your rapport with the crew. If this happens every week, yeah it gets old. If it happens once and you take them out to a nice dinner when it is done (regardless of how it went...) than they will be there when you need them. You are right, nobody wants to hear that, but they will respond to it if you have earned their respect.

(2) Walking on a job makes you look bad...this proposal makes you look like a whiner ;)

(3) Depends on your rapport with the crew. If this happens every week, yeah it gets old. If it happens once and you take them out to a nice dinner when it is done (regardless of how it went...) than they will be there when you need them. You are right, nobody wants to hear that, but they will respond to it if you have earned their respect.

(2) It sure the hell does.

(3) My crews bust their ass everyday and I mean bust their ass. I am not going to ask them to bail my stupid ass out by damn near killing themselves.

Latest posts

Back