Had us a outright GULLY-WASHER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
…last night. I don’t remember ever seeing that much rain come so fast; it poured for over an hour and a half. About 30 minutes in the basement floor drain started gurgling, and then water started flowing out until we had around 4 inches. I fought my way out into the grove to inspect the outlet - not plugged - water was gushing out – just flat more water than the pipe could move. The river is expected to rise over 12 feet from its current level by this afternoon… and now it’s starting to rain again this morning. The property across the road is putting up a new building and it looks like the wheels on the construction trailer have sunk in mud enough to lay the frame on the ground. What a mess, I don’t even wanna’ go outside this morning and inspect the property… Wood piles are still standing though. :msp_thumbsup:

Crazy weather… Long-ass cold winter… no spring, jumped from winter to summer… supposed have 95+ degrees the next few days with high humidity (no kidding, humidity after all that rain?), heat indexes as high as 120…

I gotta’ run to town and stock up on essentials… Ya’ know? Cold beer.

Don't need the heat but could use some of the rain. Starting to get as dry as a popcorn fart but not a dern thing ya can do about it.

kinda like being bitter sweet.

the ground is so dry here it's like cement and cracking. the lawn(s) are turning brown and my pond is dropping fast.

no significant rain for another week in the forecast.

kinda like being bitter sweet.

the ground is so dry here it's like cement and cracking.

the lawn(s) are turning brown and my pond is dropping fast.

no significant rain for another week in the forecast.

Sounds like my part of the fingerlakes as well;

I was going to overseed with my dethatching blades on my

flailmower but I will wait a few weeks now as the ground has

no moisture in the top three inches to speak of.

No pint in wasting gypsum and pelleted lime when it wil not

dissolve in the ground or anchor the grass seed.

Just spent an hour and a half watering our garden. The weather is terrible too hot and too dry. I will say one thing though, the insulation I put in the attic has paid off this summer. Almost 90 yesterday and the house stayed in the mid 70's with no air conditioner. Hopefully we get some rain soon. The only good thing about the weather is good for the woodpiles.

Which river?

My kids and I were on Project AWARE doing a river cleanup on the Turkey River from Elkader to Garber Thursday and Friday. We were planning on helping with the Volga river cleanup from Osbourne Park to Littleport today but the forecast of heavy rain helped up us make the decision to head for home last night.

Brian

…last night. I don’t remember ever seeing that much rain come so fast; it poured for over an hour and a half. About 30 minutes in the basement floor drain started gurgling, and then water started flowing out until we had around 4 inches. I fought my way out into the grove to inspect the outlet - not plugged - water was gushing out – just flat more water than the pipe could move. The river is expected to rise over 12 feet from its current level by this afternoon… and now it’s starting to rain again this morning. The property across the road is putting up a new building and it looks like the wheels on the construction trailer have sunk in mud enough to lay the frame on the ground. What a mess, I don’t even wanna’ go outside this morning and inspect the property… Wood piles are still standing though. :msp_thumbsup:

Crazy weather… Long-ass cold winter… no spring, jumped from winter to summer… supposed have 95+ degrees the next few days with high humidity (no kidding, humidity after all that rain?), heat indexes as high as 120…

I gotta’ run to town and stock up on essentials… Ya’ know? Cold beer.
:laugh:

:hmm3grin2orange: we only got 1/10..and brother 10 miles west,,got none,,,,sure could have used some of that...........

yep dry here too.... heck look at the bright side, at least you have clean gullies.....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back