hand truck???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin,

The plate on the bottom is 9"x14". The total height is 52". The tires are 13". That's the OD of the tires and not the wheel. The wheels have bearings.

It was on sale for $35.99 and I had a 15% discount coupon. I thought it was a good deal but I had to make two trips because they didn't have one the first time down there. I guess I have to add the cost of the extra gas too.

I'm sure there are better hand trucks out there but I'm satisfied with this one and the price was right.

Danny

Kevin,

The plate on the bottom is 9"x14". The total height is 52". The tires are 13". That's the OD of the tires and not the wheel. The wheels have bearings.

Take it back, spend the C-note on this one, and you won't regret it:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200311463_200311463

The toe plate is 12" x 24", the tires are 15", and quite a bit wider than the HF model. 5.5 inches, I think. It's a brute. It's WELL worth the money.

I got mine at Tractor Supply, but it looks like they've dropped them. Their mistake!

Kevin,

It was on sale for $35.99 and I had a 15% discount coupon. I thought it was a good deal but I had to make two trips because they didn't have one the first time down there. I guess I have to add the cost of the extra gas too.

I'm sure there are better hand trucks out there but I'm satisfied with this one and the price was right.

Danny

Thanks Danny. The one that BlueRidgeMark posted looks nice and heavy duty, but at the higher price. I don't know if the amount of use it'll see with me is worth the $110 + shipping (no Northern Tool near me). I would mainly use it for moving rounds from the woods to my trailer (instead of one piece at a time). At home I use a wheel barrow to move the split wood. I do like the toe plate (12" vs 9"), but for roughly $80 more ($35.99 and 15% off coupon)...

Kevin

Last edited:
Take it back, spend the C-note on this one, and you won't regret it:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200311463_200311463

The toe plate is 12" x 24", the tires are 15", and quite a bit wider than the HF model. 5.5 inches, I think. It's a brute. It's WELL worth the money.

I got mine at Tractor Supply, but it looks like they've dropped them. Their mistake!

That is one fine looking hand truck. I'm gonna have to stick with my HF cheapo for now though. Maybe later on I can get the NT truck and let my wife use the HF truck.

Danny

Hand Trucks

Around here in NJ several Circuit City stores are going out of business and they are getting rid of everything. Carts, Baskets, Shelving, a huge safe and Hand Trucks for $70. These hand trucks looked heavy duty and had pneumatic tires.

A simple tip I learned working in a liquor store is to use a rounded back hand truck for hauling kegs so they don't roll to the side.:givebeer: That would also hold true for logs.

After humping some really big rounds by hand, I too have seen the value of a hand cart. I saw the ones in Northern Tool but shipping was as much as the hand cart!

The other day I was at TSC and they had a really nice one...1100 lb. capacity with 15" pneumatic tires for a bit over $100. This is the first time I've seen it there so I believe it's a new item for them.

I don't ever expect to move 1100lbs. with it but, I'd like to think that it will have a long life moving 700 lb. rounds.:clap:

I welded a chain to one side of my mine and a hook on the other side.Slide the log/round on the plate,hook the chain and go.

I picked up a U-haul dolly awhile back. First thought was taking it on tree jobs. But those hard small wheels didn't work for nothing as you can imagine and I should of considered.

But I removed them...welded another bigger longer axle on it with very big tires and wheels.
She's a dandy now!:agree2:

You guys should check out www.magliner.com they make commerical hand trucks that most all beer and soda delivery trucks use. They are very light but very strong due to the aluminum and magnesium construction. We all know that magnesium is what they make pro model Stihl crankcases out of, so it HAS to be good. You can custom build the hand truck for what you want to do with it. I did not get mine specifically for wood but I have used it several times and it is great.

Steve

Latest posts

Back