hazard trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokechaser

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Heres a tree (or whats left of it) that I cut last fall. It took a lightning strike in the summer and then a wind storm took out the top. If you look close you can see the split that runs to the bottom. the bark seperation is the dead give-away.
This is why I like my job.

Cool!
aaf_cool.gif

heres a tree from two years ago
Fish Biologists wanted it in the stream for structure and the recreation guys wanted out of the camp ground.
made a nice splash

Heres a picture of a hazard tree in on of the campgrounds along the Metolius River. I think it was The Gorge campground.
Should be a whole bunch more of these this next summer. Just found out today that one of the campgrounds out in the Eyerly Fire of 2002 has a couple of four and a half to six foot snags that the recreation folks want horizontal.
Cant wait for that.

Found another pic of that first tree that shows the crack in it a bit better. It was probably about three inches wide at the bottom. Split good when it hit.

Here's a couple from the B&B fire from 2003. The salvage of the roadside trees started last fall and this is one of the big boys that got marked.

Latest posts

Back