hello from iowa. new member

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtracy1223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
HHello. My name is jeff and I'm new to this site and I figgered it would be rude to just come in and start throwing questions around without introducing myself.

So here I am. This site seems to have a wealth of knowlage. I will try. to keep up and contribute any way I can. I own a sthil 290 farm boss that I bought new a few years ago It has been nothing but a joy to run. I am also the new owner of a homelite super ez automatic and a craftsman 42 cc special edition that for the life of me I can't find the model number of. The homelite and the craftsman were both criags list buys for $25 each. They were both bought for the purpose of training myself to work on small engines. I got the homelite running alright. Think it could still use some fine tuning on the carb but we will get to that. The craftsman I just picked up last night and from what I can tell it needs a new ignition module and maybe much more. Not sure if it is worth saving from a $$$ aspect but I will start a thread on that soon. Tell then nice meeting ya'll

HHello. My name is jeff and I'm new to this site and I figgered it would be rude to just come in and start throwing questions around without introducing myself.

So here I am. This site seems to have a wealth of knowlage. I will try. to keep up and contribute any way I can. I own a sthil 290 farm boss that I bought new a few years ago It has been nothing but a joy to run. I am also the new owner of a homelite super ez automatic and a craftsman 42 cc special edition that for the life of me I can't find the model number of. The homelite and the craftsman were both criags list buys for $25 each. They were both bought for the purpose of training myself to work on small engines. I got the homelite running alright. Think it could still use some fine tuning on the carb but we will get to that. The craftsman I just picked up last night and from what I can tell it needs a new ignition module and maybe much more. Not sure if it is worth saving from a $$$ aspect but I will start a thread on that soon. Tell then nice meeting ya'll

Welcome to the site. You've landed in the right place. Have a look at the stickie's threads (at the top) which deals with brand specific saws.

Howdy!

With the craftsman/poulans, just keep accumulating junkers. Some will need no more than new fuel lines, others...who knows. They are so easy to get, free or real cheap, eventually you won't have any lack of parts to build runners from. I get mine, the modernish plastic ones, from zero to ten bucks. I dont think I ever paid more for one. I have paid more for old mag cased poulans though...they are worth it, but still cheap compared to other makes of pro saws(usually, serious muscle/collector saws like 655BPs and 5200s and 8500s..the word is out, they aren't cheap).

welcome and I there are several of us from Iowa a general idea of what part you are from would be great as there might be some of us around you:msp_smile:

So what part of Iowa are you from?

I am from jackson co iowa. So far east part smack dab in the middle. On the big mississip but at the moment I'm stuck living in IL for the next 6 months but I do not claim it as home ;)

Thanks for the welcome all. I checked the stickys on poulan (did not find crasftsman but seems the be the same beast with a different name) but after reading the first 10 pages and not finding much of interest or at least not relating to what I want to know I think I will use the search and then start a thread if I don't find what I need.

Did we mention the wealth of bull #### too??
Oh hey im from iowa too... cold this time of year lol!

Sent from me to you using my fingers

I am from jackson co iowa. So far east part smack dab in the middle. On the big mississip but at the moment I'm stuck living in IL for the next 6 months but I do not claim it as home ;) .................

No need to slam Illinois there :msp_sad:

I am a border resident myself and I appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of each state. Slamming one makes no sense.

In any event since you are from Jackson County I have a question for you.?????? What part of the Night of Destruction have you participated in????? Any devote Jackson county man or woman has taken part

No need to slam Illinois there :msp_sad:

I am a border resident myself and I appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of each state. Slamming one makes no sense.

In any event since you are from Jackson County I have a question for you.?????? What part of the Night of Destruction have you participated in????? Any devote Jackson county man or woman has taken part

No needx to take offence. If you like IL you are welcome to live in it. I enjoy what iowa has to offer much more myself but to each their own. As ffor night of distruction I assume you are taking about the races. Don't go much any more. Didn't go much before for that matter. Guess I'm not too devoted. :)

No needx to take offence. If you like IL you are welcome to live in it. I enjoy what iowa has to offer much more myself but to each their own. As ffor night of distruction I assume you are taking about the races. Don't go much any more. Didn't go much before for that matter. Guess I'm not too devoted. :)

Each state has it's good and bad points. The Iowa income tax and fees are a bit much to take but that is just my opinion. I will say my property taxes on the houses I have in eastern Iowa are lower.

The education system between the states........well I will let that speak for itself.

I am sorry you have not taken part in the night of destruction. It is truly a great event put on by some great people. You need to be there 2 hours early to get a seat. I believe I put a few videos on youtube.

So what part of Illinois are you "stuck living in"

Bill

welcome to the nut house,,, I mean AS :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:,, give yourself time and you will catch cad and it will be all over,, you'll have to build another shop to hold all the saws

Stuck in rock island co IL. Moline to be exact. Hope to sell my house soon and move back in the next year or so.

Stuck in rock island co IL. Moline to be exact. Hope to sell my house soon and move back in the next year or so.

Well what are the details on your house in Moline? I buy houses so we may help each other out.

As for escaping Rock Island County there are 5 bridges going from Rock Island County to Iowa. It is not hard to do. 7 bridges if you include the Arsenal

Back