Hi from Bend, Or

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxmats

Reaction score
Excited to get my ms441 back together. Thanks for all the insight on here! Wish me luck with using JB weld on some micro cracks in the crankcase behind the oils pump (see vid). They may have been fine but why not seal it up tite! Hopefully it doesn't throw these OEM circlips...

Cheers!
Austin

Attachments

• PXL_20230909_073214557.TS.mp4
    21.8 MB
@stihlaficionado I can't think of anything that you wouldn't find in some list of what to do. There is a ton if you are into any sort of outdoor activity.
One thing to note is some day hikes you need a permit for in the wilderness areas. If you wanna do them you gotta try to grab a permit 7 days in advance, they sell out almost instantly for the popular spots.
For a short hike tumalo falls(no permit) is great! Longer hike - getting into the Jefferson wilderness is amazing but hard to get permits.
Mountain biking - this time of year a trail called flag line is open and it's beautiful and fun.
Canoe/paddle board - Hosmer lake is pretty awesome but any of the lakes on the Cascade lakes hwy are fantastic. The drive is worth it on its own. Some the dirt forest service roads have amazing views of the mountains but I couldn't tell ya how as I haven't done it enough to know. Haha
Hope you have a great time here!

Welcome to AS

Any hints on what to see in Bend?

We're swinging through in a couple weeks
the Pass for one thing! beautiful up there!! ~ :yes:

1694368812703.png

Excited to get my ms441 back together. Thanks for all the insight on here! Wish me luck with using JB weld on some micro cracks in the crankcase behind the oils pump (see vid). They may have been fine but why not seal it up tite! Hopefully it doesn't throw these OEM circlips...

Cheers!
Austin
hello! ~ JB should do it! wonder what happened to ur vid? all i got was BLACK!

Welcome to AS

Any hints on what to see in Bend?

We're swinging through in a couple weeks

Where you swinging through Bend, on your way to/from?

If you’re headed over Mt Hood going to/from the Cesspool known as Portland, give me a shout you will be driving within a couple miles of our place

Depending on the weather, we have several Beautiful Lakes nearby, the Canoes 🛶 (2) and Kayaks (3) are still loaded on the trailer from Labor Day Weekend, and the weekend before

I haven’t been Mt Biking in a long time but I believe there are some rental bikes and good trails nearby as well. If you’re interested I could get some info for you

Doug 😎

Where you swinging through Bend, on your way to/from?

If you’re headed over Mt Hood going to/from the Cesspool known as Portland, give me a shout you will be driving within a couple miles of our place

Depending on the weather, we have several Beautiful Lakes nearby, the Canoes 🛶 (2) and Kayaks (3) are still loaded on the trailer from Labor Day Weekend, and the weekend before

I haven’t been Mt Biking in a long time but I believe there are some rental bikes and good trails nearby as well. If you’re interested I could get some info for you

Doug 😎
From Lake Oswego to Sagle, Id.

My son's FIL has a condo in Bend and my daughter has spent many weeks there in AirBNB's, so just interested in seeing what the area is like.
We won't be there long, half a day. No hiking, no time for that.

Back