Holy Wow......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmbrian

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Concerning my nmurph thread.....apparently it's been closed down already? Here's the post I was going to put up and now I'll wait for the moderators to decide how to handle this next. Let me just say, I have ZERO problem sharing every email we had between us. I have nothing to hide. I, after sending the first saw back to him, told him I would be more than happy to help cover some of the repair costs since it was indiscernible as to who's fault the first issue belonged to. I didn't try to force him to fix it for free and I was going to put another $75 in his account if the second saw ran well for a while to pay for shipping and a little extra for his time which he told me I did NOT have to do.

Listen. I didn't expect this would be received all that well by most of you but it wasn't posted for the older guys on the site. It was posted for the newer guys who are poking around for a new saw. I understand I'm the underdog here and I figured everyone would run to Neal's defense but the truth just is what it is. I'm not making anything up and I'd more that happy to provide all of you with every single email we had with one another and you can see for yourself how he literally dodged writing back to me when the problems arose. He was posting here to the site so I know he wasn't on vacation or anything and yet he just refused to reply to my emails. All I wanted to know most of the time was what our next step was! Should I send it back or was he not going to do anything about it. That's it.

The saws he sent me ran fantastic while they worked but if they don't work consistently they're not of much use to me. I also understand I bought a used saw so I have to accept the possibility that something like this may happen but I'm also warranted to write and tell others what his service is like if the saw breaks. I don't think this is out of line at all on my part. I understand I'm not going on and on about how wonderful he is as you would all like me to (apparently those are the only posts allowed on this site?) but I think consumers should be allowed to make a well informed decision, whether good or bad, before they drop $325 on a saw that may or may not run more than 10 hours. How is this out of line on my part? Why all the hate?

I also understand that he pulls rank here and is everyone's BFF but that doesn't make him perfect or without fault. The evidence speaks for itself. Something HE did broke and he's not willing in the least bit to do anything about it. Others need to be aware of that and take that into consideration before they purchase something from him. That's all......I'm not telling them they can't buy from him.....just to be aware of what might happen if they do. It's just my personal review and opinion. I don't see you guys on Amazon.com flaming everyone that posts negative comments to the 346XP so you need to ask yourself if you're really being objective here or if you're just lashing out at me because you want to protect your friend regardless of his business ethics.

MASTERMIND - That was very kind of you to offer to fix the saw. $100 is actually very reasonable. Let me think about it. It'll be $50 to get it to you which puts me another $150 into it. I've already got $325 into the saw + $50 shipping it back to Neal + $30 having it in and out of the saw shop for them to diagnose the problems and a new bar with 2 new chains.......just not sure I want to drop another $150 on it right now. I do have about $80 or so wrapped up in an 18" bar a couple of chains that would have been wasted money so it still may be worth shipping to you. I really appreciate the olive branch though. Everyone else came at me with pitchforks and battle axes. Apparently expressing your first amendment rights isn't allowed on this site.....I'll remember that in the future. Your offer is more than fair.

in b4 lock.
Playing with fire when a mod locks a thread and you open another regarding the same.

Last edited:
I also understand that he pulls rank here and is everyone's BFF but that doesn't make him perfect or without fault. The evidence speaks for itself. Something HE did broke and he's not willing in the least bit to do anything about it.

how did he break it , was he at the controll's when it happend? I'm not defending him, but you clearly say he broke it. those clips look factory to me ? the fact that they are installed the same looks fine. Some times #@$% happens.

tsmbrian

The other thread was closed to give nmurph time to tell his side of things. I've heard from him and he'll be back later this evening.

At that time I'll re open the original thread for his response and any other comment you wish to make.

In the mean time, DO NOT start another thread concerning this matter. This thread will be closed and it will not re open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back