Homelite 88 intake boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Snyder

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fix to keep the rubber intake boot from cracking? I have been replacing this part every year. This is a Homelite 88 saw. Thanks Brad

Hello, Is this a chainsaw or a cut-off saw? Sometimes the intake manifold is not aligned properly with the booty from factory. Maybe replace the intake manifold. Good Luck, Jonathan

chainsaw intake boot

I have had three different shops put one of these on at a cost of around $ 90.00. I have ordered two of these $ 24.00 each and will install myself.I now know the symptoms when this part is cracked.The engine run at a high idle and fast speed. I do use my saw in cold weather and maybe need to bring the temp of the saw to warmer temp before starting it.It seems to usually crack in the first couple of uses after sitting for the off months.Was wondering if some silcon would help keep this more flexible and last longer. I was looking to here from other 88 chainsaw owners to see if they have the same problem. Thanks for the input Brad

Homelite 88 intake boot

Make sure your isolator rubbers are good & firm...Too much give pulls at the 'throat'

Back