Homelite 995g

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9-23 and 9-26 and 900D/G exhausts are not the same. Much larger and heavier. They will bolt on but certainly are not preferable. Regardless, you are more likely to find the correct setup than the older style. Homelite obsoleted and superceded it. To be even more accurate, the 995 would have a right pointing exhaust cover vs left pointing of the previous 909s and 990s. One of many changes thru the series.

IMG_20191102_34174.jpg

9-23 and 9-26 and 900D/G exhausts are not the same. Much larger and heavier. They will bolt on but certainly are not preferable. Regardless, you are more likely to find the correct setup than the older style. Homelite obsoleted and superceded it. To be even more accurate, the 995 would have a right pointing exhaust cover vs left pointing of the previous 909s and 990s. One of many changes thru the series.

View attachment 791102
Question on your recoil covers. Did some models come without a recoil cover or is this a piece that is frequently missing? My 7-19 doesn't have one either.

Yes, they are all my saws, from various sources.

Those recoil covers are frequently missing. Everyone of the ball start Homlites should have one. The recoils jams or the cover is dented and off it comes. The 995s, however, use an overrunning bearing starter. Completely different cover.

Chris B.

Wow this is a great photo !
I like to see how these old saws work ...
The 900 series from Homelite is one of my favorite saws.
I see that you are cutting very large wood with her. Does a direct drive have enough power for such a logg?

Latest posts

Back