Homelite xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawboss

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just dug a little homelite xl out of a dumpster the thing has good compression but didn’t have any fire so I fixed the points on it and replaced a coil now it runs with gas pored in the carb so it’s worth making it run I was looking for a carb kit for it but all I can see is it is a tillotson carb not sure I will find that kit but is there a walbro carb that will work.

Look on the sides of the main body of the carb. A string of numbers and letters should be visible but the characters are very small. It will show the carb’s series, be it HS, HL or HD. Pretty sure HK is the designation for a Tilly carb rebuild kit, not the carb. I rescued one of these saws from a garbage can years ago. Took a bit of time and effort to get it going but it has since been my saw for small work.

Look on the sides of the main body of the carb. A string of numbers and letters should be visible but the characters are very small. It will show the carb’s series, be it HS, HL or HD. Pretty sure HK is the designation for a Tilly carb rebuild kit, not the carb.

How sure? Those carbs were HK series, here’s the kit list for them, plus some other oldies.

Their kit nomenclature ended with the series.

https://tillotson.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Repair_Kits_All.pdf

Thanks for clearing that labeling issue up. I wasn’t absolutely sure. Rebuilding those carbs is straightforward. It’s that pressurized oiling system with the duckbill that’s a bit wonky. Took me a while to get that working right.

Look on the sides of the main body of the carb. A string of numbers and letters should be visible but the characters are very small. It will show the carb’s series, be it HS, HL or HD. Pretty sure HK is the designation for a Tilly carb rebuild kit, not the carb. I rescued one of these saws from a garbage can years ago. Took a bit of time and effort to get it going but it has since been my saw for small work.
Thank you I got a kit that had all three options in it it worked good for me did you ever replace crank seals if so could you tell me what ones enter change with the xl all I find is for supers this is my first with homelite so I’m in the dark with their parts

Back