Homelite Zip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the carb top and screen I need. The top is often whitish. I also need the screw. I believe these are for any Tillotson HL series carb.

386614812_QM57k-M.jpg
386614816_vsJMU-S.jpg

according to my ipl book i found the carb for your zip shows a homelite A57440 ok i went and looked cause i have a breakdown for all the carbs so the A57440 shows part # 55752 for the fuel strainer

and part # 55750 for the fuel pump cover

and them part #s are not tillotson #s they are the Homelite #s now that i have a picture to go by i will see if i can locate them in them 2 boxes i have not gone thru yet

calvin

if you would want a ipl for the carb itself let me know i can always scan it and make it pdf format and email it to ya

Last edited:
Old iron runs again. This is likely the oldest saw I have. At least this model was introduced before any of the others. It's definately loud. My brother lives maybe a mile away, heard me making this video and called me up. And that's with me in the garage. The condensor did the trick. It starts, idles, and accelerates like a new saw. It just doesn't accelerate as high:clap:. The bar is actually a David Bradley and is in excellent condition after a little sanding and rail filing. Thanks to all of you guys who helped me out on this project, both with the saw itself and the parts.

Here's a little video clip for your Saturday night enjoyment.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpYEZk13zLA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpYEZk13zLA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brad, that is fabulous!! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure I actually believed that thing was going to come back to life. I'm seriously impressed.

There's a lot of "YEEHAA!" factor in that video!

Brad, that is fabulous!! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure I actually believed that thing was going to come back to life. I'm seriously impressed.

So this was actually a challenge then? Kind of like, "I bet you can't make this thing run"? So what's next?:clap: Bring it on big boy!:cheers:. Hey, you never did let me know what I owe you for shipping.

If aybody needs some parts for a zip, PM me. I have one that is complete. Minus the rear handle I cut off the case for a hotsaw and the recoil which is going to the same place. The rest of it is headed for the dump if no takers. No charge, just S+H.

Good job on the Zip. I see you figured out the throttle.
Also good to see you are able to work on the saws. I am still trying to find a good P & C for mine. Tom

ZIP saw!

If aybody needs some parts for a zip, PM me. I have one that is complete. Minus the rear handle I cut off the case for a hotsaw and the recoil which is going to the same place. The rest of it is headed for the dump if no takers. No charge, just S+H.

hello,is it still available? ken

Latest posts

Back