Homey XL Air Filter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a couple questions about the air filter on the top-handled Homey XL I just got. There's a little black plastic piece that pulls off from around the choke lever. The air filter element is tucked down inside this hole and simply sits in a metal holder on the carb with no retainer holding it down. Am I missing any parts? Is this foam element supposed to be oiled or not? It's at the top left of the picture, behind the fuel/oil caps. A user manual would be nice. Are Homey manuals available online?
221588553-M.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a couple questions about the air filter on the top-handled Homey XL I just got. There's a little black plastic piece that pulls off from around the choke lever. The air filter element is tucked down inside this hole and simply sits in a metal holder on the carb with no retainer holding it down. Am I missing any parts? Is this foam element supposed to be oiled or not? It's at the top left of the picture, behind the fuel/oil caps. A user manual would be nice. Are Homey manuals available online?
221588553-M.jpg

don't oil it and there's a metal retainer that snaps over the filter to hold it in place.

A metal retainer that goes over it? I just found this IPL and it looks like the "retainer" is under the filter, which is how mine was when I got. Putting it over it would crush the foam and there's nothing for it to catch on anyway. It goes all the way to the bottom of the "cup". Look on page 4, part #s 20, 21, and 17.

IPL LINK

Last edited:
the metal retainer goes under the filter to keep the foam from being sucked into the carb. I have never seen anything other than friction and gravity to hold the foam in place

Scott

I believe there is supposed to be something holding it down, but they usually get tossed right quick.

Ive personally never seen one.

Back