Homie 150 WalbroHDC54 carb rebuild dilemma, help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw Collectors

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I took the engine out of the case on my blue Homelite 150 this morning. Have to rebuild the carburetor. I thought maybe not even a full rebuild since this saw already kinda ran, better than most in need of rebuild. Well, it’s so gooey and and saw dust inside I think I better be better safe than sorry and do the full rebuild. However, this carb is different from ones I’ve rebuilt in the past as I’m not sure how to remove the pin and all that in the picture below. On other carbs I’ve done, there’s a screw holding the pin down. This is just in there tight. My question is, How do I remove the needle and all that on the Walbro HDC 54 carburetor? Thanks for your time.
IMG_6121.jpeg

Don’t try to remove the pin, you’ll ruin that assembly & those circuit plates are no longer available. Just unscrew the two screws you see there holding the circuit plate CP down.

The HDC carbs were used in a lot of the small Homie saws, but parts are getting scarce.

https://www.walbro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/HDCseries.pdf

Don’t try to remove the pin, you’ll ruin that assembly & those circuit plates are no longer available. Just unscrew the two screws you see there holding the circuit plate CP down.

The HDC carbs were used in a lot of the small Homie saws, but parts are getting scarce.

https://www.walbro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/HDCseries.pdf
Thank you Hotshot. I now have the bare carb soaking in Berryman’s for the day. I’ll hopefully do the rebuild tonight.

Thank you Hotshot. I now have the bare carb soaking in Berryman’s for the day. I’ll hopefully do the rebuild tonight.

Good deal, those HDCs can be fussy. Make sure you use the correct gasket under the circuit plate during assembly.

There's 2 different plate gaskets included in the kit. Your carb should’ve had the left one in photo.

The nitrile check valve under the c-clip & screen will also fail & needs tested to flow “in” only & not leak back under vacuum.

IMG_3227.gif

The saw runs good now. Will need a little more carb adjusting after I get it in the wood a bit. The total cost of this saw is only $12. I’ll be ordering a safe tip for it. This was my first time using a China rebuild kit instead of Walbro.

Also if I remember correctly some of those carbs have the plastic elbow that like to crack.
This is a known issue with Walbro carbs, especially the white nylon elbows. If it rotates at all it is dead.

Rather than attempt glue it is almost easier to just replace the elbow. They just press in. Remove the plastic of the old one and use vice-grips on the brass stub. Comes right out. Line up the new one and press it in. I just use my drill press for this.

Latest posts

Back