Horse Hauling Rigs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzebird

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Dodge Ram 5.9 diesel 2500 4x4 with a C&B 3 horse slant.

Truck has 180,000 miles and is all stock on engine and auto transmission. With 18 MPG with a full load of horses and gear.

When the trany goes, I will replace with the "ATS Diesel Stage 1 47RE transmission 1998.5-2002 Dodge Cummins 5.9L"

Next upgrade is the fuel pump and get a Edge Juice with Attitude controller for an extra 100 HP and improve towing to 22-23 MPG.

View attachment 267570

Being in the horse capital of the world, I can show you some rigs. There are often specialized transport planes for horses parked at the airport.

Being in the horse capital of the world, I can show you some rigs. There are often specialized transport planes for horses parked at the airport.

If you need any horses transported from Salem or Portland Oregon Airport let me know...Glad to put my Rides to work.

We haul for local barns to vets, trails, and local events.

Never hauled any horses but did run a few bullhaulers. All petes.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Never hauled any horses but did run a few bullhaulers. All petes.

Now that would be interesting to load and unload!

Peterbuilt and Kenworth are owned by PACCAR...I used to work for them out of Renton, Washington. Solid trucks allaround, Pete's had a touch more class in my opinion. And KW had the ant-eater...lol

Now that would be interesting to load and unload!

Peterbuilt and Kenworth are owned by PACCAR...I used to work for them out of Renton, Washington. Solid trucks allaround, Pete's had a touch more class in my opinion. And KW had the ant-eater...lol

Only thing i did was keep em standing up with the cattle prong, while at the fuel island. Ranchers did the rest.

Latest posts

Back