Hot ash vacuum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking to get a vacuum to remove hot ashes and coals from my insert, any recommendations and experience would be appreciated.

Sounds like a sure fire way to burn your house down.
Did you not catch the part where he said "hot ash" vacuum? These are shop vac looking things that are designed to take in.......wait for it.......hot ashes. They do exist but I have no personal experience with them.

I'll talk to my son about what type not to buy. I guess they are stainless steel but some don't work so good. They were called out in the middle of the night for a garage fire, some guy tried to clean his wood stove with a vacuum and when he was done he put it in the garage. I guess he'll be getting a new car, truck, boat and this summer when the house is finally finished, the family can move back in.

My experience with vacuum ash removal is responding to the resulting fires, and some of them were caused by using so called "hot ash vacs". I could build a safe one using a two and half inch flex "big rig" hose and a partially water filled metal canister as an intermediate collector with a shopvac providing the suction, but I just don't see the need.

My experience with vacuum ash removal is responding to the resulting fires, and some of them were caused by using so called "hot ash vacs"................. but I just don't see the need.

I don't see the need either. If I need to remove ashes from a hot woodheater, I use a small metal scoop and a metal bucket. Works very fast and very well. For anything spilled on the floor, I use a small whisk broom along with the scoop.

Latest posts

Back