How do I price this Cherry??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInTheWoods

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi folks,

So I have this, roughly 500 bd ft, of cherry that has been drying, stickered, in my garage for about a year and a half. I will be keeping some 6/4, 12" boards to have a table top made but need to get rid of the rest. This was cut down essentially from a forest and I am told it is considered "rustic".

Anyway, it is still rough, has not been run though the planer or sanded. I want to get a sense of what this would be worth in $$ per board feet. A range is fine. I will be happy to sell it ot a local mill or wood working shop but I just have no idea what it is worth. I have even measured and numbered every board and have it in my computer.

Appreciate everybodys feedback.

I live in Michigan and just sold 150 bf of cherry last month. I put an ad on craigslist and got $2 per bf. It was milled last winter on a csm and not surfaced. I would try and sell it all at once or break it down into a couple different sales. Don't let people come and pick out just a few boards.

I live in Michigan and just sold 150 bf of cherry last month. I put an ad on craigslist and got $2 per bf. It was milled last winter on a csm and not surfaced. I would try and sell it all at once or break it down into a couple different sales. Don't let people come and pick out just a few boards.

i agree, you could end up with just the lower quality boards after a buyer or two, when they ask price, ask if they're pickin' through the boards or buying the whole pile and price accordingly.

Back