How many cubic ft. in a loose thrown cord?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havsawwilltravl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We've switched to loose thrown cords since we bought a processor. We use 195 cubic ft or approx. 1.5 times a stacked cord. Anyone else with similar #'s?

That is what I get - 1/2 cord loose = 1/3 cord stacked, so you'd need 1.5 cords loose to equal 1 cord stacked.

If you're dropping it off a conveyor you're pretty close for an average. The conveyor just drops it in and dosen't worry about filling any voids like you would if you were pitching it in by hand.
That's what I'm doing and it will varry from load to load. The numbers me and the woodyard settled on for an average was 196. That makes 2 3/4 cords to a load on my trailer, some loads were 2 1/2 cords, and some loads were just over 3.

Andy

If you're dropping it off a conveyor you're pretty close for an average. The conveyor just drops it in and dosen't worry about filling any voids like you would if you were pitching it in by hand.That's what I'm doing and it will varry from load to load. The numbers me and the woodyard settled on for an average was 196. That makes 2 3/4 cords to a load on my trailer, some loads were 2 1/2 cords, and some loads were just over 3.

Andy

Good point, glad to hear others use the same #'s.

Latest posts

Back