How to deal with the look

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turn the look back on to her. "I wouldn't have to have another saw to do the work, if you would help me out every now and then." Then throw her a curve ball with "Give me back my jacket!". Only do this if you are a professional or if you can afford a divorce or hospital visit.

First: Don't every let her see a new saw coming in.

Second: You don't have enough saws. You need to have enough so when you add one, it won't be noticed.

I really put my foot in it last year (06). Was conducting excavation on one of mine on the dining room table when out of the blue she asked "how would you like a new saw for Christmas?" "No thanks, I have enough" ...."Who said that!" Wives should not be allowed to talk when one is working over a saw.

Harry K

My GF is actually HAPPY when I buy more saws. She also LIKES to go out cutting trees down. So... just get her hooked on chainsaws!

Diamonds? Man, now there is a waste of money.

Tell her this saw is the one you've been waiting for & the only one you need. Then proceed to put all other saws up for auction on ebay with some astronomical reserve so there is no way they will sell.

I can picture it now-a diamond bracelet draped over the handle of a dolmar sitting on the kitchen table.

Hide em durn it.

You are back in the country, right? You have got to learn the sneak em in and hide em. If caught, it's simple. Lord honey, I've had this thing forever, it's about wore out.

get all the same brand / color.... she wont be able to tell em apart, on ly let her see one at a time :)

Get bigger barn and fill it with other unnecessary items(cars, trucks, boats, etc.) so the the enormous collection of saws blend in. It is not a collection until ladders are needed.

Ain't that the truth. LOL, I had to use a ladde to get the top shelf ones down...had to thin the fleet for now -----> in the process of moving. It will resume when I get settled in my new place.

Wow, must be the only guy in the world that needed another saw after the famed 361.....! :popcorn:

get all the same brand / color.... she wont be able to tell em apart, on ly let her see one at a time :)

That is what I was gona say. My last girlfriend could not tell the difference between my 660 and 036. She did notice my Jonsered 670 was a different saw because it was "red and loud"

Little info about myself before I get to my question.I just moved back to the country life this fall and I knew I need a wood burner to heat my house because it would cost me about 4000 in propane to heat it.So with my brothers help[he is a long time wood burner] I installed a wood burner.Now I always gave my brother a hard time about having 3 saws to cut fire wood.I figured why not just one. So told my have to buy a saw and she said aboustly. Picked up a 361 and started cutting. Well after a month I started getting this weird itch.So I searched the internet for help. Well I ended up finding this site and I thougt man these guys can probley help me get rid of this weird itch. This did not happen you guys were no help you only made it worse. So know I need you guys to tell what to do when the wife gives me the look when my fourth saw {which is a new dolmar 7900} comes tomarrow.

Mr. Puds,

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. Stihl is now pleased to offer their new product that specifically deals with this issue. It's the new Stihl LOOKOMATIC® sunglasses with their unique LOOKBLOCKER® technology. Simply put them on when you expect to encounter the "look". Those evil "looks" intented to stop you from accomplishing your manly pursuit of aquiring chainsaws are absorbed into the glasses. Yes, LOOKOMATIC® sunglasses with their unique LOOKBLOCKER® technology is the safe, modern, effective way in dealing with this problem that has plagued mankind since the creation of Eve.

View attachment 62869

Noticed the patented and stylish cremecicle coloring that will blend right in with your saw. These LOOKOMATIC® sunglasses also block out harmful UV rays and are designed for your comfort. Oh, and a tip from Mr. Tommie Hall. Pick up serveral sets, one for the truck, one for the shed or shop, and of course, keep one in the kitchen so it's handy in case you're surprized.

Just ask for part number 4040 200 6969 at your local Stihl dealer.

Another public service from,

joat

Latest posts

Back