Husky 37 Oil Drive Gear Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know I am probably out of luck on this one but I going ask anyway just in case.

I have Husqvarna 37 that i am needing to remove the oil pump drive gear from the crankshaft. It appears to made of die cast. Is the tool to remove this gear still available? If not is another way to remove it without damaging it. Tried to lightly pry it off but the threads started giving.

Part Lists show it is no longer available. I am having to remove it to get to crank seal which is bad. Other then the bad seal the saw is running good; just wants to die when I go side ways.

I'm not familiar with the Husky 37, but there was a recent thread titled "262xp Metal oil worm gear removal" that may be helpful.

I posted a picture of a puller I made.

I'm not familiar with the Husky 37, but there was a recent thread titled "262xp Metal oil worm gear removal" that may be helpful.

I posted a picture of a puller I made.
Tried searching using "262xp Metal oil worm gear removal" without the quote and didn't have any returns other than this thread. I'll try later today to get a picture of the gear that I am dealing with; just got wait for the ice in the shop's lock to melt, had freezing rain last night.

Tried searching using "262xp Metal oil worm gear removal" without the quote and didn't have any returns other than this thread. I'll try later today to get a picture of the gear that I am dealing with; just got wait for the ice in the shop's lock to melt, had freezing rain last night.
try the search in google and add the word arboristsite

try the search in google and add the word arboristsite
Found it. Gear I have look similar except is silver and appears to be diecast.

I was thinking along those lines just haven't been to the hardware store yet to try things. Just got to find the right threads and size.

Thanks for confirming my idea was a good thought.

I finally got the gear off. I able to get a 3/4-10 nut to fit it. It measured out to be a 11/16-11 but as my luck had it the local hardware store didn't stock it. It came off rather easily with a small gear puller I have.

Now I got to split the crankcase as the seal is not accessible as the other side was but at least I didn't destroy that NLA gear.:) Thanks again for jogging my thoughts.

Finally got the Husky 037 back together. It now runs a like new saw. No more dying when on it side. Not petty to look at but when I find a paint that closely matches that expensive Orange paint that Husqvarna is so proud of I'll repaint it. That is the original bar and chain that is on it. The previous must not have used it much at all. Here is a couple pics of it back together.
d2d0ebcc-2cee-4da3-a422-619754aa1324_zpsa8c12303.jpg

68a45be0-99be-4322-a953-77f2d70518c1_zps8fa983c7.jpg

Latest posts

Back