Husky/Murray

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numnutz6383

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, I'm hoping to get some advice with a malfunctioning Murray PW3200 pressure washer (which appears to be a rebranded B&S/Husqvarna PW3200) with a B&S CR950 engine.

A little background on the unit. It is a refurbished model that I ended being refunded for because the pump was broken out of the box, however the engine appeared unused (fuel tank never saw fuel and there was no oil in the crankcase).

It ran fine for a few uses after I replaced the pump (I have a total of 2 hours working time on it), but since it has developed a surging (especially coming down from load) and then shutting down issue, but at the same time it had an intermittent flooding issue, especially when being restarted after running/shutting down, and sometimes gets hydrolocked.

To me the surging pointed to starving for fuel (obstructed nozzle/emulsion tube, and the flooding to a stuck float or needle/seat obstruction). So I took the carburetor off and made sure it was clean. I'll say the carb looked pristine when I took it apart, as you'd expect from an essentially new unit. The float functioned normally, and everything was cleaned thoroughly anyways. I also enlarged the idle and main jets a tad.

Despite my efforts, it continues to exhibit the same issues. Does anyone have experience with these units?

Can you make a video of it running and post it to YouTube?

Back