Husky TV commercial

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looks like our pastime is catching on and going mainstream. I was watching Hardball on MSNBC tonight and they had a Husqvarna commercial on with James Earl Jones as the voice.

http://www.masteryourgreatoutdoors.com/

Also said something called the Dow Jones dropped almost 800 points. Good thing I don't have any money to invest or it sounds like I would have lost a lot of it. Maybe the Wall Street fat cats will have to start burning wood in their mansions because they can't afford oil.

:cheers:

Looks like our pastime is catching on and going mainstream. I was watching Hardball on MSNBC tonight and they had a Husqvarna commercial on with James Earl Jones as the voice.

http://www.masteryourgreatoutdoors.com/

Also said something called the Dow Jones dropped almost 800 points. Good thing I don't have any money to invest or it sounds like I would have lost a lot of it. Maybe the Wall Street fat cats will have to start burning wood in their mansions because they can't afford oil.

:cheers:

You'd have only lost money if you sold your securities. Remember, securities aren't money, but they do have a price. ;)

On topic, I like the commercial.

the commercials to me are kinda a joke. they show guys wearing all kinds of gear with lots of tools professionals would have yet they are using 455 and 460 saws, and both have the toolless adjusters on them. makes me laugh.

Must be doing its job a buddy of mine was over and seen my all orange saws in the garage and said "Hey those are husqvarnas aren't they!" I said yes and he said "I seen those on TV those are good saws!" and they are but so are Stihls,Jonsered ect. ect. Funny the effect media has on Joe American nothing against my buddy it just shows how scary effective TV can be on people. Hope they don't come up with a catchy go out and cut a tree its good exercise commercial or we won't have firewood!!

Its funny, every time the economy is really about to take a dump it makes me want to cut more wood. Something reassuring about running a 34 year old saw that cuts anything I want it to, as long as I can find/afford fuel for it.

I've seen that commercial, kinda funny. Stihl commercials have been popping up on the radio lately too.

Called my local dealer to see if he was participating in the demo days and he said he didn't even know what that was. Man I've got some real winners around here for dealers.

Called my local dealer to see if he was participating in the demo days and he said he didn't even know what that was. Man I've got some real winners around here for dealers.

Same here! I got a flyer in the Sundays paper about demo days at "your local Husky Dealer".
Stopped by the shop on my way home for some bar nuts and asked to demo the 395.Said he didnt have any to demo.Asked about the flyer, he had no idea. Says in the flyer "get a free hat for Demo the blah blah blah...."
He wouldnt even give me a hat for crying out loud! I know for a fact I have sent him up several tax brackets lately, and I cant even get a hat!:censored: :)

Same here! I got a flyer in the Sundays paper about demo days at "your local Husky Dealer".
Stopped by the shop on my way home for some bar nuts and asked to demo the 395.Said he didnt have any to demo.Asked about the flyer, he had no idea. Says in the flyer "get a free hat for Demo the blah blah blah...."
He wouldnt even give me a hat for crying out loud! I know for a fact I have sent him up several tax brackets lately, and I cant even get a hat!:censored: :)

Maybe some of the recent layoffs were in the marketing department. Perhaps the guy at corporate responsible for communicating this to the dealers got the ax?

Stopped by the shop on my way home for some bar nuts and asked to demo the 395
Unless you have a need to run a 36"+ bar I would look at either the Dolmar7900 or Solo 681. Both are about 3lbs lighter, $250.00 cheaper, and will rock a 24" bar.

Step up a few notches

Step up to sthil, and you will enjoy your wood cutting experince, and have a company there to rely on, NO joke,. its a fact Eric

the commercials to me are kinda a joke. they show guys wearing all kinds of gear with lots of tools professionals would have yet they are using 455 and 460 saws, and both have the toolless adjusters on them. makes me laugh.

Are you a "Tool-less adjuster snob" ? I'm a wine snob.....GOD save you if you bring a screwtop bottle into my home!!!!! :)

Are you a "Tool-less adjuster snob" ? I'm a wine snob.....GOD save you if you bring a screwtop bottle into my home!!!!! :)
those things are utter crap, they dont even work right, and they look ridiculous. they also make putting on a chain more complicated, i dont get why companies do this, they fix things that arent broken so they can charge more money for them. its really a shame because they end up breaking a good saw in the process.

Actually, the first or second saw shown has a set of dogs on either side of the bar. Looks like it might have been a 372.

Stihl dealer would've given you a hat.

Latest posts

Back