• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Husqvarna 266SE cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is there is at least three different setups, distinguished A, B, C. Different ring types, I believe on the pistons. I'm not sure of the differences on the cylinders.

I'll get some photos in the morning of what I have, if someone else hasn't chimed in to help.

The grade of cylinder and piston must match. A with A, B with B, etc. All 266’s used a full skirt windowed piston. Early saws had thin rings, later saws used a single 1.5mm ring. Not sure what year they switched though. Thin rings are NLA and no aftermarket ones exist that I know of.

The grade of cylinder and piston must match. A with A, B with B, etc. All 266’s used a full skirt windowed piston. Early saws had thin rings, later saws used a single 1.5mm ring. Not sure what year they switched though. Thin rings are NLA and no aftermarket ones exist that I know of.

This one is a single ring for what thats worth. Outfits like Meteor make no mention of any A B C stuff..

This one is a single ring for what thats worth. Outfits like Meteor make no mention of any A B C stuff..
Yeah that was a OEM thing. There’s always variances on the production line, as such they would match the piston to the cylinder based on piston to cylinder tolerances. A was the smallest, C was the largest. Aftermarket is one size fits all which I personally don’t care for. Having said that, I’d go with meteor if I had to.

Back