Husqvarna 365 Special tank vent issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smallholder

Reaction score
Hi I just acquired a very tatty 365 special. The trigger was damaged so I bought a replacement fuel tank. Unfortunately this has a different fuel vent arrangement. The original has an internal pipe and gauze cover where the new version has an external nipple and pipe. My question is could I just drill a hole by the carb to take the vent pipe and just attach a fuel tank vent breather. The carb housing already appears to have a the position of an additional tube cut out marked - next to the existing fuel line hole (see photo below)

The attached photos show the original and the new tank, the second shows the carb and a pre-marked cut out for tube and the third the type of breather I will attach to the end of the pipe.

I look forward to your views and alternative solutions.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_1005.jpg
    DSC_1005.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_1006.jpg
    DSC_1006.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 1
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 0
One additional option--my Husqy 372 had tank vent issues that I felt would be a pain to address. I bought a fuel cap (it's green) that has a vent in it. Easy fix.

It's been several years, and I've forgotten the details, but I think the fuel cap might have been for a 365. Regardless, it was a cheap and easy fix that did not require any fuss.

Back