Husqvarna 36r clearing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodsonhaycattle

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these? Im loving my 265rx, used it clearing some fence rows yesterday and that thing is nansty. Its like brand new so it hurts me to used it! Whats the 36r like? I found one on craigslist for 120 bucks. Is it worth picking up if its decent? Is the shaft any longer than the 265? I wanna find something along the lines of a 343fr for trimming with because the shaft on the 265 is way to short. I mean I didnt buy it to trim with so I hope everyones not thinking im that whacked in the head. Anyone have any experience with the 343fr? It says the shafts only the same length as my 265 at 53'' but watching youtube videos it looks longer or better proportioned or something. I wanna find a decent machine now for mainly trimming and to use seldom for clearing because I'd bring the big boy out. Whats a decent older husqvarna brushcutter to keep my eyes out on between now and spring and is the 36r decent since it seems the topic of my thread got changed by me.......Thanks guys

I used 343fr and it seems pretty good. It is not powerfull as 265rx but do its job well.

I have 184cm tall, and the shaft is enugh for me.

So you're about 6ft. Cool in 6ft 5 but it seems like it'll work. Wish a dealer would stock one so I could get a feel. Gonna go look at the 36r also soon.

Is that the one in Louisa? If so, I think the seller is the same person I got my J-red 910 and Stihl 015 from.

Guido thats the same gentleman. Seems like a nice guy and he says its in good shape.

He said he thought the 36r shared the same engine as the 61. Does this seem right? Would it have the same hp.

I saw the ad and thought it might be Jeff's cutter. I have no experience with them so I can't answer your question.

Latest posts

Back