husqvarna 51, piston and cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zackman1801

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well today i was given a free husqvarna 51. it was a great deal except for the fact that the piston is scored. i assume the cylinder is junk too but how can i tell. i dont have a compression tester but i assume by the silver streaks on the piston and the fact that the original owner didnt want it, its probably going to be very low. the saw also didnt have an air filter but i think i should be able to get one from my husky dealer down the road. heres my question, where can i get a new piston and probably a new jug and what am i looking at for replacement parts cost? this will be a project saw as i already have a few other saws, i would really like to get it going, it seems like nice little firewood saw. btw if the piston is shot does that automatically mean the jug is shot too? im new to the whole thing and dont really know. im sorry for my ignorance.

thanks
zack

how do i tell if the cylinder is junk? would i be able to see that its junk? or do i need to replace the piston and then decide? im totally new to taking saws apart. :)

Latest posts

Back