Husqvarna Rancher 455 Carburator Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaruchK

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I have a Rancher 455 that's not running properly. Took it to a repair guy, who told me that it needed a new carburator. I ordered a drop-in carburator replacement from Amazon which was supposed to fit, but doesn't. Video attached. Advice?

Hi, guys. I have a Rancher 455 that's not running properly. Took it to a repair guy, who told me that it needed a new carburator. I ordered a drop-in carburator replacement from Amazon which was supposed to fit, but doesn't. Video attached. Advice?

You have the much less common 455 Rancher w autotune carb - didn't even know they made one. Far as I can tell, no one made an aftermarket replacement. The OEM is ridiculously expensive - $220 on one site. There should be nothing that can't be rebuilt on the mechanical part of the carb to make it run right. Find a better repair guy. Probably just needs an ultrasonic cleaning.

Did the mechanic explain exactly why it needed replacing?

Latest posts

Back