Huztl 52mm Big Bore Husqvarna "Style" saw vs. Husqvarna 365 / 372 Hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've been building video's in sort of an admittedly bush league (cause I am) reality show format on life with After market chainsaw parts. Tying to replicate on video what the experience is should a typical "non professional" person take that route to fix a saw... But things took a twist when I effectively built a saw almost entirely with Aftermarket parts... this was both my comments on where my heart is on this video series AND the test between the Huztl and Husqvarna chain saws...

Pretty conclusive.....maybe
I start with some comments...1/2 the video is getting to the woods & my comments, to make certain you understand where I'm coming from on these Aftermarket Video series. Had emails and phone calls ... LOL:wave: Need to address those so... did that then the saw speed comparison / test. These saws will be the heart of my logging and firewood operations for the year and the video documentary will follow their life in the woods...

I think there still is a little disadvantage that Huztl had to over come.... Sugihara 18inch .050 gauge bar on the stocker vs. Forester 20inch .058 gauge bar & chain on the Huztl. DEFINITELY can feel the weight difference! is that part of the half second or so difference in the cut times???
That Huztl is better than I anticipated.... Maybe bringing the intake port timing from its 75 degrees btdc to something around 79-80 btdc? Would require I take an aprox .080" from the bottom of the intake, and maybe opening the muffler? .....leave the transfers for now to live with that blow down... Think I'll run it for a while first. Tweak the carb. get it running as is first....what would you guys suggest?

I've been building video's in sort of an admittedly bush league (cause I am) reality show format on life with After market chainsaw parts. Tying to replicate on video what the experience is should a typical "non professional" person take that route to fix a saw... But things took a twist when I effectively built a saw almost entirely with Aftermarket parts... this was both my comments on where my heart is on this video series AND the test between the Huztl and Husqvarna chain saws...

Pretty conclusive.....maybe
I start with some comments...1/2 the video is getting to the woods & my comments, to make certain you understand where I'm coming from on these Aftermarket Video series. Had emails and phone calls ... LOL:wave: Need to address those so... did that then the saw speed comparison / test. These saws will be the heart of my logging and firewood operations for the year and the video documentary will follow their life in the woods...

I think there still is a little disadvantage that Huztl had to over come.... Sugihara 18inch .050 gauge bar on the stocker vs. Forester 20inch .058 gauge bar & chain on the Huztl. DEFINITELY can feel the weight difference! is that part of the half second or so difference in the cut times???
That Huztl is better than I anticipated.... Maybe bringing the intake port timing from its 75 degrees btdc to something around 79-80 btdc? Would require I take an aprox .080" from the bottom of the intake, and maybe opening the muffler? .....leave the transfers for now to live with that blow down... Think I'll run it for a while first. Tweak the carb. get it running as is first....what would you guys suggest?

Run it!

Latest posts

Back