Hydraulic Chainsaw vs Conventual Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franny K
There are hydraulic chainsaws more powerful than what Stihl or Husky offer, they come with segmented diamond chain

For a bucket truck with hydraulic lines vs gasoline 2 cycle. There must be a list. There are Stanley a 5 size a 6 size and something like a 12 size with the underwater variant.

From what I see they come with a jobsite hydraulic connection and are for 2000 psi. What happens if one puts tractor ends on the hoses and has 2700psi..

HansFranz

HansFranz

ArboristSite Guru
The harvesters they use here in VA use (I believe) hydraulic chainsaws, I bet those saws are 100 hp or more. From the sound of it, they go through an 18" pine in about a second.

I've seen the chains at the local saw shop...I guess they sharpen them there. Those chains don't play!

Chris tucker

Chris tucker

Buddy of mine had an old power company bucket truck. Some one gave him a hydraulic saw for it, he used twice and gave it away. He said it does NOT stop or bog in the cut. I guess it scared him.

Latest posts