Hyperion Tallest Tree / A Tree Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, I just realized we're probably boring to tears the fine professional tree workers and arborists of this site in a discussion that has nothing to do with Commercial Tree Care and Climbing. Mario, as always, I invite you to contact me directly to discuss. I'm genuinely curious to understand the motivations for your negative comments bout Coast Redwood researchers and the author Richard Preston.

Ok I'll leave it to the good folks of this forum to carry on.
-moss

Advertising the location of this tree will create demand to climb, which is exactly why they want the location secret.

-moss

After reading The Wild Trees, I found quite a few reviews online which mentioned enjoyment for the book, but expressed the desire for color photographs of the trees. Especially with today's technology. And I'm one who also likes color photos. And of course enjoy finding and seeing large trees. The way for people to see champion trees in color online, requires making them available online in color.

I'm genuinely curious to understand the motivations for your negative comments bout Coast Redwood researchers and the author Richard Preston.

-moss

Your comment is what sounds negative.

I suspect Sillett has read my essay which includes research climbers, since it was made available to his attention this winter when I mentioned it. He sounded a lot more positive and productive in his reply than you have been. I think he looks for the positive aspects. Even in potential disagreement, conversation or emails progress to better levels of intereraction and sharing of ideas each time we bounce ideas. Likewise, feedback from Michael Taylor has been positive. He even supplied some updated data.

The most frequent consistent source of negative commentary has pretty much come from you alone.

Last edited:
Back