I’d like your opinions please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle_Adam

Forum smart but 2stroke stupid....
Reaction score
Long story short I lent out snap-on torque wrench to a trusted neighbor, unfortunately his tweaker son that’s been asked to never return to the house decided to sneak in and now my torque wrench is missing. :/

My neighbor is a stand up guy and has offered to replace the tool by either buying another or cashing me out. Well I have a nicer/new version of the torque wrench already so my mind has wandered to a new saw :)

So here’s the opinion I’d like from you guys/gals:

In the $200-$250 range $300 tops, but only over $250 for something “too good to pass up”. What saw would you choose? I live in the Portland Or area and don’t mind a drive to pick something up but I’m patient enough to wait for shipping as well. I intent this to be a firewooding saw mainly. I already own a stock Stihl 041Av W/28” bar, and an Echo CS-400 that been modified W/18” bar.

Soooooooo thoughts/opinions?

Links to any options for sale would be appreciated as well.

Youll have a hard time finding something new ,in that price range, thats better than either of those saws. Sounds like you need a good modern 50-60 cc saw. Just start checkin craigslist in ur area. Also check the tradin post on here. But even used youll have a hard time finding somethin in good shape for that price.

I don’t expect anything new for the price range I have, and I don’t mind putting in time/work into a used saw

Want, yes. I want something newer than my 041 but stronger than my CS-400

Need. No, what I have functions for my needs

If you want a saw and have need for one, pony up the difference and buy an echo 590.
This was going to be my reply. Those 590's pop up for sale here occasionally and the asking price is usually right around $300usd ($400cdn). The best part is, usually they are like new because it was purchased for cottage or home use and hardly ever ran.

Latest posts

Back