I feel like a kid waiting for X-mas!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a new in box Makita 6401 for cheeeap. I really want to run it to see what its all about. Although I'm going to put on the 7900 p & c. I figure its better to wait and do that before I run it. That way my stock p & c might be worth more if I try to sell it??? But then last night I smelled the tank (very slight gas odor) and looked at the plug and it appears they must have done a test run at the factory??? Does anyone know if thats what they do? If so then I guess it won't matter if I run it a little. Another question - after I do the p & c I was going to run a 28" bar and skip chain to cut oak. Am I asking too much to run this size b & c combo???

I got a new in box Makita 6401 for cheeeap. I really want to run it to see what its all about. Although I'm going to put on the 7900 p & c. I figure its better to wait and do that before I run it. That way my stock p & c might be worth more if I try to sell it??? But then last night I smelled the tank (very slight gas odor) and looked at the plug and it appears they must have done a test run at the factory??? Does anyone know if thats what they do? If so then I guess it won't matter if I run it a little. Another question - after I do the p & c I was going to run a 28" bar and skip chain to cut oak. Am I asking too much to run this size b & c combo???

Your not even going to need to put skip on it 6.3hp will pull it fine!
Muffler modded even better!

I like the fact that a saw has been run by a dealer or factory.You might want to hold back on converting it to 7900, although that would be eating at your brain. I went with the 7900 as I have this need for HP.Now I don't cut hard would never have and probably never will does frozen would count? In a way this post is useless to you but heck 90% of the posts on AS are.

Hopefully it has been started, warmed up, and ran a few secs at WOT to check the carb adjustment at both the factory and the dealer......:)

I know EXACTLY how you feel, mine hasn't even arrived yet and I'm getting the "itchies" to put it to the wood. I think I'm going to run mine a while as a 6401 and see how it does. It's comforting to know that the upgrade is so simple for that saw.
Mike

Latest posts

Back