I love these 2 trees this time of yr....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
...Even though Asplundh was hired by National Grid (as 'professional' arborists) to come in and HACK my tree up around the powerlines!!

I'm to PI$$ED to even show the ULTRA-unbalanced look from the streetside, or the huge injustice they did to this beautiful (Japansese Red Maple?? i think?)) tree....:angry:

anyway, i dunno if the pics do justice. but...:

attachment.php

it's late in foliage season now, most ALL maples have shed 100%, these are nice to look at :D

Last edited:
...Even though Asplundh was hired by National Grid (as 'professional' arborists) to come in an HACK my tree up around the powerlines!!

I'm to PI$$ED to even how the ULTRA unbalanced look from the streetside, or the huge injustice they did to theis beautiful (Japansese Red Maple?? i think?))

anyway, i dunno if the pics do justice. but...:

attachment.php

Can't tell from the pics where they hacked/cut? Looks like everything is still going near the lines? That was after they were there then>?

Can't tell from the pics where they hacked/cut? Looks like everything is still going near the lines? That was after they were there then>?

I did some editing, as the AM is the most uncomfortable for eyesight ( SLOOOOWWWLY getting over shingles in the eye! :eek:

I was more posting about the colors, but if you wanna see the Hack work, I can show that! :eek:

J

I did some editing, as the AM is the most uncomfortable for eyesight ( SLOOOOWWWLY getting over shingles in the eye! :eek:

I was more posting about the colors, but if you wanna see the Hack work, I can show that! :eek:

J

Sure, we'll see how they compare to the ones around my parts! lol! I should take some pics of the recent work they did near my place! Classic topping/spiking....then taking more breaks....then doing some more topping!lol!

Sure, we'll see how they compare to the ones around my parts! lol! I should take some pics of the recent work they did near my place! Classic topping/spiking....then taking more breaks....then doing some more topping!lol!

That is because they don't get paid to beautify trees. They get paid for line clearing but some do better work than others. I have been on the flip side and the real problem is wrong tree , wrong spot or planting issues:monkey:

That is because they don't get paid to beautify trees. They get paid for line clearing but some do better work than others. I have been on the flip side and the real problem is wrong tree , wrong spot or planting issues:monkey:

I know, I did the phone lines for a few years myself......but i still like jabbing at them! Lot of my friends are on their crews as well.

I worked ten years for em back when they were all orange before it turned into aspabloom:laugh:

Aspabloom?? :confused:

I remember the orange. I could communicate with them then :rolleyes:

they just need to leave my 50+ yr old tree alone!! or move the lines to the other side of the road.!! lol. Neighbor across the street lets his trees dead-fall anyway. :angry:

The HOLLOW they made is crazy...and this was last yr...

more to come.

J

Aspabloom?? :confused:

I remember the orange. I could communicate with them then :rolleyes:

they just need to leave my 50+ yr old tree alone!! or move the lines to the other side of the road.!! lol. Neighbor across the street lets his trees dead-fall anyway. :angry:

The HOLLOW they made is crazy...and this was last yr...

more to come.

J

I understand but the tree was planted in the wrong spot:) The tree crews got to my gate and found their key did not fit lol they told the neighbor the were going to cut the lock and my neighbor told them they better not lmfao. He gave them my number and he said we need to get in to trim and I said no, your not touching my property he argued a bit and I told him he would soon hear from his boss. I talked with his boss and told him I can and will trim the trees on my property and informed him how long I have trimmed for power and that his crew was mentioning cutting my locks and they were gone before I could get home lol. Neighbor said they packed up about five minutes after my call!

hmmm... It was planted before modern electricity :spam:

lol, not sure how old it is, but it's not a young'un... thems for sure :)

With that said, I guess the house is in the wrong spot too, as the tree branches are 3 feet from the porch! lol :D

hmmm... It was planted before modern electricity :spam:

lol, not sure how old it is, but it's not a young'un... thems for sure :)

With that said, I guess the house is in the wrong spot too, as the tree branches are 3 feet from the porch! lol :D

Well hum you need a bigger yard is all then tree planted 40 foot away much better result lmao.

I think the guy has a ligitmate gripe. They could have taken the wires away instead of cutting the tree back.

I think the guy has a ligitmate gripe. They could have taken the wires away instead of cutting the tree back.

Sure thats right so here is the deal if he pays for the move material and labor likely around 7k as the poles are 6 bones a piece then added guys and whatever else including row easement etc. I always figured the power company should just say fine we won't touch your trees and just cut the powerline off to their house:hmm3grin2orange:

Back