i need help identfiying this dynamark chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keatons

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i got this saw yesterday, it is a dynamark 69cc chainsaw, it has a manual oiler and good compression the recoul needs cleaned up and some pennatrating oil on it, it is kind of stuck, it might be a lombard super al-42 it looks pretty closedynamark pic 1.jpgdynamark pic 2.jpgdynamark pic 3.jpgdynamark pic 4.jpg

Attachments

• dynamark pic 5.jpg
    dynamark pic 5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Looks like a Lombard to me. Are you sure on the 69cc? Would like to see a PTO side including cylinder cooling fins and muffler arrangement. I'm thinking possibly 50 or 51.
I often wonder whos came up with this design originally. As the Homelite XL, and Remington PL,SL, 55-65cc series all shared the same design. Either way it was a cool find and powerful saw.

Does appear to be a Lombard based model, likely AP/AL 42 or Comango, both 69cc. There was also one in this chassis at 80+cc, model escapes me but possibly Lightening something or other. Then also a model with a/v.

From evidence I've come across, the XL12 was the first of this design but the competition was very close to follow, which muddied the history a bit.

xl12 ap42 sl11.jpg

i will try to get some pictures in the morning, those Lombard's look like a replica, it looks like they were based off my saw, cause mine has only lines with fittings not fuel lines

Looks like a Lombard to me. Are you sure on the 69cc? Would like to see a PTO side including cylinder cooling fins and muffler arrangement. I'm thinking possibly 50 or 51.
I often wonder whos came up with this design originally. As the Homelite XL, and Remington PL,SL, 55-65cc series all shared the same design. Either way it was a cool find and powerful saw.
there is some pictures of it in the main post

Does appear to be a Lombard based model, likely AP/AL 42 or Comango, both 69cc. There was also one in this chassis at 80+cc, model escapes me but possibly Lightening something or other. Then also a model with a/v.

From evidence I've come across, the XL12 was the first of this design but the competition was very close to follow, which muddied the history a bit.

View attachment 1153225
it looks lot like the blue one, i put some pictures of it in the main post. thanks for the help

Back